In this document:
Terms: We, us, our means TechHom; You or your means the customer or the person receiving the TechHom Smart Home Products and services under this agreement.
- We agree to carry out the work to provide and, where required, install your Smart Home Products on the terms set out in this document.
- We will arrange a time with you to install your Smart Home Products, if this is required.
- We will not be responsible for any delay caused to installations due to weather or any other circumstances beyond our control.
- We will not be liable and no compensation will be paid in the event that we are unable to complete the installation during the designated appointment. However, we will make a further appointment with you to complete the work at no extra cost.
- If you fail to keep an agreed appointment time for the installation on more than two occasions, we may make an extra charge for the installation.
- We will carry out all installations during normal working hours, which are 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday. If installation is required outside normal working hours an additional charge will be required (we will agree the extra charge with you beforehand). We will need access to the property at all times while we are carrying out the work.
- To carry out the installation as quickly as possible, we may need to use sub-contractors. All sub-contractors are vetted and approved by us and are fully qualified and insured. All sub-contractors carry identity cards.
- There will be an extra charge for any changes or additional work which you ask us to do or if we find we have to carry out any additional work in order to install your Smart Home products. If this happens, we will explain to you the reasons for the extra work and let you know what the extra cost will be before proceeding.
- The price of installing does not include the cost of removing any dangerous waste materials, such as asbestos, which we become aware of when carrying out the installation. It is your responsibility to remove any materials which can be deemed dangerous to our staff. If asbestos is removed you will need to produce a ‘site clearance for reoccupation’ certificate, which you can get from the asbestos removal company, before we can continue to work at your property.
- If you are a tenant, you may need your landlord’s permission to carry out the work. Unless you tell us otherwise, we will assume that you have all necessary permission. We will not be responsible if we carry out work and you do not have your landlord’s permission. You will be responsible for any losses we incur as a result of you failing to get your landlord’s permission.
- We will take reasonable care to carry out the installation without causing unnecessary damage to your property. We will make good any unnecessary damage that is directly caused by our negligence. However, you accept that the installation (including removing or dismantling existing fixtures and fittings) may cause damage and certain areas may need redecoration after we finish the installation. This is your responsibility and is not included in the purchase price of Smart Home Products and installation.
- If we need to connect new equipment to your existing central heating system, we will not be responsible for the cost of repairing or replacing parts of your existing system which later develop a fault, unless we have been negligent in not realising that the products may cause the damage or the way in which we did the work caused the fault
- All materials and parts provided by us are guaranteed for one year from the date we deliver them. This does not affect the rights you have by law.
- Within this one year period, if the materials or parts develop a fault then we will repair or replace them free of charge. Our work is guaranteed for one year from the date that the installation is completed.
- This guarantee only applies to material we provide and repairs we carry out and does not apply to any further unrelated faults with the system or appliances.
- This guarantee does not cover any fault with your Smart Home Products caused by you tampering with them, your negligence or your failure to follow our instructions or these conditions.
- These guarantees do not affect your legal rights in relation to the quality and description of goods and services. You can contact your local authority’s trading standards department for information about your legal rights.
- If your Smart Home Products develop a fault you should call us to report this on 023 8062 6900
(Phone lines are open Mon-Fri 8:30am-5pm). We will do what we can to fix the fault as quickly as possible.
- We will not be responsible if we cannot fulfil our side of the contract for reasons which are beyond our control, such as fire, accidents, war, poor weather conditions, industrial disputes, strikes and lock outs which we are not directly involved in. We will only be liable for losses that could have been expected.
- We will not be responsible and no refund will be given if: a) your broadband internet connection to your home is not sufficient to support Smart Home Products; b) your mobile phone, computer or internet browser is not compatible with Smart Home Products; or c) any subsequent changes made to your broadband internet connection prevent your Smart Home Products from working.
- We are not responsible for the following: a) Any costs, loss or damage that you suffer as a result of not using Smart Home Products in accordance with our instructions or as a result of a problem caused by your mobile phone, computer, internet browser or internet connection (rather than the Smart Home equipment). b) Any costs that you incur as a result of exceeding the permitted data limit on your broadband or mobile phone. c) Any loss or damage caused as a result of downloading or upgrading the software connected to Smart Home Products unless this is caused by our negligence. d )Any costs, loss or damage that you suffer as a result of any unauthorised use of your Smart Home Products (e.g. if your mobile phone or log-in details are lost or stolen or cyber-attack). We advise you to keep your log-in details secret and to use pin protection on your mobile phone to prevent unauthorised use of your Smart Home Products. e) Any loss or damage you suffer as a result of you or anyone else altering the radio frequency allocations of your system controls. f) Replacing the batteries for your system controls. g) The broadband internet connection to your home. h) Providing a mobile phone, computer or internet browser that is compatible with Smart Home Products.
If you believe that someone has gained unauthorised access to your Smart Home Products, you can report this to us on 023 8062 6900 (Phone lines are open Mon-Fri 8:30am-5pm) or at email@example.com and we will do what we can to help you reset your log-in credentials
- You are entitled to cancel this agreement and request a refund. a) If you bought Smart Home Products directly from the TechHom website you can cancel this agreement up to 14 days after the day you receive your Smart Home Products equipment. This is called your “cooling off period”. If you ask us to carry out installation of your Smart Home products before the cooling off period ends and then cancel, we can charge you reasonable costs for any work we carried out before you confirmed your cancellation. If you wish to cancel you can contact us on 023 8062 6900 (Phone lines are open Mon-Fri 8:30am-5pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your cancellation.
Your notice of cancellation is confirmed as soon as you send it by email or call us.
- We may cancel this agreement or change the services we provide under it for any reason at any time by giving you written notice. The cancellation or changes will apply immediately. If we cancel this agreement (other than because you do not keep to the terms of this agreement or for other good reason) we will pay you any reasonable costs you incur as a direct result of the cancellation.
- Nobody other than you will be able to benefit from this agreement.
- From time to time we may need to update your Smart Home Products software. If your own equipment (such as your phone, computer, internet browser or broadband) does not support this upgrade, this could affect the functionality of your Smart Home Products.
- We can change the terms of this contract at any time. We will put the changes on our website at TechHom.com. We will let you know in writing if we make a change. If you are not happy with the change, you can cancel this contract by notifying us by emailing email@example.com .
The terms and conditions for all our products and services are written in English and all contact we have with you will be carried out in English. Your agreement is governed by the Laws of England and Wales unless you live in Scotland in which case the laws of Scotland apply.