TechHom is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out how we will use and protect personal information that you give us when you use our websites at http://www.techhom.com(“our Website”).
If you have any questions or comments about this policy please write to Data Controller, TechHom, Woodside Trade Centre, 34 Parham Drive, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO50 4NU. England. If you have any questions about the security at our website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
By accessing and using our Website, you signify your agreement to this policy. If you do not agree with the policy, please do not use our Website. This policy is subject to change. Any changes we may make to this policy in the future will be posted on this page and your continued use of our Website following the posting of changes will mean you accept those changes.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our services including, where applicable, newswires, booking training courses, posting material, referring friends, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us and when you report a problem with our Website.
- If you contact us through our Website, whether by sending messages to our email addresses, filling in any forms, using any online chat service or otherwise, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Websites and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our Websites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Accessing and updating personal information
If any of your personal information changes or becomes out of date please amend your registration details on the site or let us know by emailing us at email@example.com. You may inform us at any time should you wish us to delete personal information we hold about you by writing to Managing Director. TechHom, Woodside Trade Centre, 34 Parham Drive, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO50 4NU. England.
You have a right to access the personal data held about you. To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please write to Data Controller, TechHom, Woodside Trade Centre, 34 Parham Drive, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO50 4NU. England. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our Websites and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our Website according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our Website.
- To present our advertising to you when you visit websites as part of the Google Remarketing system.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To allow you to participate in our competitions and promotions, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by writing to Data Controller, TechHom, Woodside Trade Centre, 34 Parham Drive, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO50 4NU. England.
If you wish to opt-out of Google’s ability to identify you and serve relevant ads, visit http://www.google.com/settings/ads.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
In the event that substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party purchaser, the personal data of our customers will be one of the transferred assets.